Touratech Suspension ACE shock absorber for Triumph Explorer from 2012 Typ Expedition
The more intelligent ESA Devised and developed by the Tractive team - inventors of the ESA suspension system.
ACE = Actively Controlled Electronic suspension
For the ACE suspension system, we developed an autonomous system that uses its own sensors. A patented DDA high-performance solenoid valve is built into the shock absorber. It supplies complex data that enables the ACE sensors in the control unit to respond effectively to changing riding conditions.
The ACE suspension system actively ensures that your preset spring preload and damping levels are always optimally maintained within fractions of a second as you ride.
The suspension strut REAR incorporates
- The EPA function (EPA= Electric Preload Adjuster) The electric spring preload adjuster controls a 15 mm preload range +/- via the remote control. This balances the load on the bike - for example in the case of heavy luggage and / or pillion passengers. This resets the balance. This allows quick and easy adjustment of the spring preload when changing from a national road to a country road in very poor condition. Pressing the button significantly alters the balance of the bike and thus the handling and response.
* DDA function (Dynamic Damping Adjustment) via the remote control on the handle bar. The DDA dynamic damping adjustment lets you adjust your riding comfort in five steps, ranging from comfortable to very sporty. Every pressing of the button also adjusts the chassis during riding via the integrated high performance solenoid valve.
* The ACE function (Actively Controlled Electronic Suspension) is at the core of the chassis. Extreme effects on the chassis are compensated for in milliseconds. Depending on the "direct response" you want, the ACE offers 5 settings.
Scope of delivery SET Expedition:
- Touratech Suspension ACE suspension strut REAR equipped with (EPA/DDA/ACE)
- Ready-to-install with remote control, cabling and installation kit
- User manual (DE / EN) (IT, FR,ES as download)
The basic setup fitted here is designed for riders up to 100 kg including luggage. Modifications are possible for a heavier rider (more than 100 kg) and/or if the bike is usually ridden with a passenger / with luggage. In this case, we individually modify the shock absorber to meet your needs by fitting a spring with a higher spring rate. Please fill out our suspension check form and send it back to us.
If you have any further questions, we will be happy to advise you. Contact us.